We understand that sometimes even the best plans have to change. If you find yourself having to move during your tenancy agreement term, we are here to assist you in making the process as smooth and stress-free as possible.
- Changes to the tenancy agreement can only be made if a written request made by the tenants is approved by the lessor
- Tenants named on the tenancy agreement, whether they are still living at the property or not, are responsible for all tenant-related responsibilities from the date of the inaugural tenancy until the correct documentation has been completed and lodged
- When the change of tenant request is finalised it is understood that all current tenant/s agree to fulfil the obligations under the tenancy agreement. If a tenant is vacating, it is strongly recommended that the tenants review the Entry Condition Report to determine if there are any changes to the condition of the premises that may need to be discussed with the vacating tenant prior to them being released from their obligations.
- It is a breach of the tenancy agreement to have another person move into the property before a request has been approved
- Tenants are required to compensate the Lessor for any expenses relating to a change of tenants named on the tenancy agreement. This charge varies depending on the fee structure for the lessor but is generally $149 inc GST or $99 inc GST if the change does not include the addition of any new tenants. You can make an online payment at jeffjones.com.au/payments
- It is the responsibility of the tenant/s to notify the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) of a change to the rental bond arrangements. This can be done via the RTA’s Change of Bond Contributors Web Service.
- The lessor or the RTA are not responsible for any exchange of money between tenants. The tenant/s leaving will also need to get their share of the bond from the tenant/s moving in or those remaining.
If you are wanting to change your the tenants named on your tenancy please complete the following form.
N.B. the email address for each tenant must be submitted to facilitate sending of agreement documentation.