We understand that sometimes even the best plans have to change. If you find yourself having to move during your tenancy agreement term, we are here to assist you in making the process as smooth and stress-free as possible.
- Changes to the tenancy agreement can only be made if a written request made by the tenants is approved by the lessor
- Tenants named on the tenancy agreement, whether they are still living at the property or not, are responsible for all tenant-related responsibilities from the date of the inaugural tenancy until the correct documentation has been completed and lodged
- When the change of tenant request is finalised it is understood that all current tenant/s agree to fulfil the obligations under the tenancy agreement
- It is a breach of the tenancy agreement to have another person moves into the property before a request has been approved
- Tenants are required to compensate the Lessor for any expenses relating to a change of tenants named on the tenancy agreement. The charge is $149 inc GST, payable upfront and refundable in the event your change is not approved. A $50 discount will be applied if the change does not include the addition of any new tenants. You can make an online payment at jeffjones.com.au/payments
- It is the responsibility of the tenant/s to notify the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) of a change to the rental bond arrangements. This can be done via the RTA’s Change of Bond Contributors Web Service.
- The lessor or the RTA are not responsible for any exchange of money between tenants. The tenant/s leaving will also need to get their share of the bond from the tenant/s moving in or those remaining.
If you are wanting to change your the tenants named on your tenancy please complete the following form.
N.B. the email address for each tenant must be submitted to facilitate sending of agreement documentation.