COVID-Safe Inspection Guidelines (Update 26 June 2020)
What precautions will be undertaken when conducting routine inspections?
Pursuant to the ‘Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction’ and best practice directions issued by the Real Estate Of Queensland (REIQ), the following protocols have been implemented by our team.
- Confirm with occupants that no one in the home is currently ill, is in self-isolation or has just returned from overseas before proceeding with an inspection. (If they answer yes to any of these questions, it is recommended that the inspection be postponed at least 14 days (in accordance with Queensland Health recommendations);
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth at all times when conducting inspections;
- Consider wearing disposable gloves before touching any objects and fixtures within the home, especially high-touch surfaces such as door handles, tap handles and window fittings;
- Wipe any touched surfaces with a disinfectant wipe;
- Politely decline to shake hands or have any other physical contact with occupants; and
- Reassure occupants that you are following best practice precautionary measures which are not in response to any confirmed coronavirus cases within the agency or immediate area.
We will conduct a routine inspection at the property approximately every 4 months. Inspections are primarily carried out to check if there are any maintenance or health and safety issues and to ensure the property is well-cared for.
Please note, as per the conditions of the tenancy agreement, the inspection will be photographically recorded. This is done to compare to the Entry Condition Report provided at the start of the Tenancy. Such comparison is to assist in identifying any damage or defects that may arise during the tenancy. This may include still image and video recording of the inspection.
Reasonable care will be taken to avoid such photographic records including details of the tenant’s personal property and effects.
Please complete the form below prior to our visit to assist us in resolving any issues that you may have.